Update Personal Survival Techniques Half Day Quays Southampton
Course Entry Requirements
- Under the new STCW Convention and Code, updated proficiency training will be required every 5 years.
- Seafarers who have a certificate of ‘Proficiency in Personal Survival Techniques’ and who have maintained the required standard of competence by onboard training and experience for all competences listed in the Self Declaration form (Annex B of MSN1865).
Please be advised that you may only attend this ½ day update training course if you are eligible to self declare. Please refer to MSN1865 to check your eligibility.
If the specified onboard training has not been covered within the last 5 years then you will need to complete the full day PST course.
- Personal Survival Techniques from any STCW country
- UK-issued Watch Rating Certificate (STCW II/4 or III/4). This includes Yacht Ratings
- UK AB, Able Seafarer Deck or Able Seafarer Engine Certificate (STCW II/5 or III/5)
- UK CEC
- UK CoC
- UK Ships Cooks Certificate of Competency
In addition to the new guidelines for the STCW 2010 code, it is a requirement for the Fishing Industry and Boat Masters License to undertake this updated training which complies with section A-VI/1-1 of the STCW code.
The intention of this training is to enable students to maximise their chances of survival in the event of abandoning a ship.
This course is a practical session where students will cover the correct donning of a lifejacket & use of an immersion suite, jump from height in to the water, swim while wearing a life jacket, right an inverted liferaft, keep afloat without a life jacket and board a survival craft from the water when wearing a life jacket